Couple days ago, Danielle from Runs with Spatula gave me an award, thanks Danielle! It sounds like a fun thing to write but to be honest with you, I don’t know what to write when it comes to 7 things about myself. I will try…
- I’m a bookwhore. My husband hates how I leave books all around. Trip to bookstore is always filled with temptation.
- My yearly new year resolution is to be less profane, somehow I haven’t succeeded yet.
- I get all happy and excited when I go grocery shopping, and spend less than I expected. Then I will show the receipt to my husband and yap about it for a good 15 minutes til he tells me that “I don’t really care how much you save”. Ouch.
- Socially inept. It’s really hard for me to start a conversation. But after 5 minutes of talking, usually things go smoothly.
- I cannot live without chilli sauce. Or chilli itself. We buy the 136oz huge jar and it’ll be gone by the end of the month.
- My husband is 11 years older than me, but sometimes I look 5 years older than him. Life. is. not. fair.
- My right thumb nail is deformed, has been that way since I was 14. Don’t know what’s wrong with it. Anyone?
Back to food, last week I made two huge loaves of ciabatta from Peter Reinhart’s book, Bread Baker’s Apprentice. It was good but definitely not ciabatta. It doesn’t have huge airpockets as it should be. I love eating ciabatta just as is, without any adornments. Unfortunately, this bread-that-was-supposed-to-be-ciabatta (BTWSTBC) is too dense to eat as is. So I decided to slowcook a piece of pork shoulder butt with ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, paprika, garlic and dried chilli flakes. And shredded it by hands and top the BTWSTBC with the shredded pork. Continue reading